Join us after the Brighton Mini Maker Faire for a drink or two at BMMF: After Dark.
We’ll be bringing some of the Faire’s most popular interactive exhibits down to the Green Door Store Bar on the evening of Saturday 7th September. Brighton Mini Maker Faire exhibitors and volunteers will also be able to unwind in the Live Room with an evening of performances by fabulous maker-musicians:
- Matt Josling will be performing some vintage techo on his Monophonic Midi Machine
- The Augmented Tonoscope features audiovisual works and performances that attempt to show a deeper connection between what is heard and what is seen by making the audible visible
- Spacedog are obsessed with defunct machines and the darkest English folk tales. They perform live using theremin, vocals, percussion, saw, laptop and their famous uncanny musical robots
- Vienna Ditto are a synch-pop voodoo blues duo bonded by a love of dirty Chicago blues, dark psychedelia and the BBC Radiophonic Workshop
- The Dark Design write songs about Airships, Paddle Steamers, Satanic Nannies and Mermaid Queens with thoughtful prose and with infectious melodies
The night will also be compered by the inimitable David Bramwell, founder and host of Brighton’s famous Catalyst Club.
If you’re not already volunteering then fear not – applications are currently open at http://www.makerfairebrighton.com/volunteer/
We’ll also be giving away a few ultra-limited tickets in the run-up to the Faire – keep an eye out on our Twitter page for give-away announcements!
Entry to the Green Door Store Bar and the exhibition area (but not the Live Room) is free all evening!
Join us for Brighton Mini Maker Faire: After Dark in the Green Door Store Bar, Saturday 7th September, 6:30pm-10:30pm. Free entry all evening.